Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Video Games and what they mean to me...

My earliest memory of video games was playing duck hunt with my parents when I was 3 or 4 years old. Me and my sister used to play that game before bed with my dad, one of my earliest and fondest memories of my childhood. Then as I got older I would play on the SEGA genesis with my sister. We used to LOVE Toe jam and Earl. I always got earl and my sister would play toe jam. It was one of the only things we did where we didn't fight. At this point in my life I was in elementary school and my mom worked at the school district's daycare so we both had the summer's off. So after school let out for the summer me and my mom would go to the store and pick out our game for the summer. She usually picked a new Mario game or Zelda. I would sit there and watch my mom play that game till the end. everyday we would play for a couple hours till we had to go do something else. I love watching my mom solve all the different puzzles or defeat the different obstacles, it didn't matter to me that I wasn't playing. So by the time I got to Middle school I wanted to start to play as well. So we decided to play animal crossing on the Nintendo game Cube. Everyday after school I would come home and we would play that for hours and hours. This was also when I got my Game boy Color. I played Tony Hawk pro skater everyday. As the years went on and my mom and me got busier and busier our game choices began to differ by bigger and bigger margins. She still played Zelda and Mario and I was playing Day of Defeat on Steam. But every summer i still would sit there all summer and watch her beat her yearly game. It still to this day makes me so happy when I sit and watch my mom play her games. Now she has her Wii and I have my computer and Xbox and we game on our own, but we still come together almost every summer and play all our old favorite's. Video game's are my life. I have never not had at least one game I was playing. No matter what console or computer, genre or difficulty there has always been a game in my life and I have my parent's to thank for that. So thank you mom and dad for giving me memories, love, and some bad ass video game playing skills :D

No comments:

Post a Comment